Examples: She/her, He/him, They/them
This information allows instructors to match rider with an appropriate schooling horse
*Please note NCAL will not allow riders under 18 years old to leave with any unlisted people unless notified in advance.
* PLEASE INCLUDE NAMES, PHONE NUMBERS & EMAILS
*We are working hard to increase accessibility to all our programs. However, at this time, NCAL does not have the necessary resources to provide for riders with certain special needs. If you have any questions or if your child has a guardian or aide who could chaperone and provide instructional or behavioral support, please notify us and we will be happy to accommodate.
Confirm Lesson Group Selection
Please refer to the Rider Ability Guide on our website to understand which group is appropriate for you or your child. If you or your child seem to be falling in between program levels it’s best to choose the lower level. Matching the rider according to the level on the Rider Ability Guide is required for safe participation and teaching dynamics. If registered under an inappropriate level, we cannot guarantee program placement. If your rider is new to our riding program, they must begin as a Yearling/ Grasshopper. *PLEASE NOTE: This form holds your spot and is subject to instructor approval of proper level and availability of space. An NCAL staff member will be in touch shortly with further information. If you have any questions about identifying the best level for you or your child, please email us at email@example.com
Moving between the Equine Center and Pet Adoption Center, participants may have the opportunity to groom a pony, help with barn chores, cuddle cats, observe animal behavior, create enrichment items and tasty treats, play games, make art laugh at animal antics, and help educate the community about our furry friends and their needs.
Please read all fields carefully before indicating your agreement to all the terms and conditions below.
1. North Country Animal League (NCAL) assumes no responsibility for any injury or incident suffered by me or my child as a result of participation in NCAL programming either on or off NCAL premises. Neither my child or I, nor the heirs, administrators, executors, and assigns of either shall ever institute, or aid in the institution of any action at law or otherwise against NCAL on account of any injury to my child or I, or their/my property resulting from my/their program participation. I HEREBY RELEASE NCAL, its Board of Governors, Trustees, Officers, employees and agents from and against any and all claims for personal injuries to my child/I or loss of or damage to their/my property arising out of their/my activities as a NCAL program participant.
2. I understand that the handling, use and riding of a horse involves the risk of injury or death. I also understand that under Vermont Law an equine activity sponsor is not liable for an injury to or the death of a participant in equine activities resulting from the inherent risks of equine activities that are obvious and necessary, pursuant to 12 V.S.A § 1039. With full knowledge of these and all other dangers inherent to the sport of horseback riding and equine activities, including serious injury and death, I am knowingly participating in boarding/riding and or other equine activities at North Country Animal League Stables and voluntarily engage myself (and/or my minor child) in these activities and fully assume all risks involved.
3. I agree to fully and forever release , indemnify and hold harmless North Country Animal League, and the officers and directors (“Indemnitees”), and their employees, owners, riding instructors, and other agents acting on behalf of or for Indemnitees from any and all liabilities due to injuries, death, claims, damages, actions or losses, which may arise out of my, my minor child’s, or my guest’s presence at North Country Animal League Stables or the boarding and handling of my horse(s), including without limitation, ordinary negligence.
4. Except in the event of gross negligence or willful misconduct, I shall bring no claims, demands, actions or litigation against the Indemnitees or their employees, owners, its riding instructors, and other agents acting on behalf of or for the Indemnitees for any economic losses and non-economic losses due to bodily injury, death or property damage, sustained by me or my minor child (if applicable) in relation to the premises and operations of North Country Animal League Stables.
COVID Safety Agreement - STAYING HOME WHEN APPROPRIATE:
1) While NCAL no longer requires masks, we encourage Staff, campers, parents/guardians and visitors to wear one if they experience potential COVID-19 symptoms, or stay home if they have tested positive or are showing symptoms of COVID-19. Symptoms include: Fever or chills; cough; shortness of breath or difficulty breathing; fatigue; muscle or body aches; headache; new loss of taste or smell; sore throat; congestion or runny nose; nausea or vomiting; diarrhea. 2) If camper/program participant begins to develop any COVID-19 symptoms during programming, parents/guardians will be immediately called to pick up camper/program participant. 3) Program participants should immediately let our staff know (firstname.lastname@example.org) know if they have tested positive for COVID-19.
If you choose not to give NCAL your/your child’s photo/media release, please email email@example.com. Thank you.