NCAL is committed to providing humane education programs in recognition of the fact that a mind we help shape today is one who will help us create a better tomorrow. We believe that by teaching people compassion and empathy for all living things we can prevent the needless suffering and abuse of animals for generations to come. At NCAL, we offer innovative ways for children and young adults to become involved with animal welfare by giving them the chance to learn about and interact one-on-one with our animals.
SHELTER GROUP TOURS
Visits to North Country Animal League by schools, businesses, organizations, and youth groups provide an excellent opportunity to educate people about the importance of rescue, adoption, and spay/neuter. We also provide shelter tours for those who are interested in learning more about NCAL and seeing what goes on behind the scenes. We invite you to contact us to learn more about our education programs or to arrange a tour.
Please review these guidelines and see if a Shelter Tour would be appropriate for your group:
- Shelter Tours are scheduled Tuesday- Friday from 1-4pm.
- We can accommodate group size averaging 15 visitors per group.
- Children must be ages 5+ and chaperones must be present
- Tours must be scheduled 3 weeks in advance and tour appointments are offered on a first-come-first-serve basis. Please submit a tour request below.
- Our Shelter Tours are free of charge, but we do encourage you to make a donation during your visit (either monetary or items from our shelter wishlist).
- All visitors will need to wear a mask regardless of vaccination status.
- Liability waivers must be signed by parents/guardians prior to tour.
If you are interested in setting up a group visit to NCAL to learn more about our mission and what goes on behind-the-scenes, please email email@example.com.
Complete shelter tour submission form HERE>>.
At NCAL, we offer to bring humane education right into the schools as a way to get children and young adults involved with animal welfare. If your classroom or school is interested in learning more about animal welfare, would like to set up a presentation, or partner on a project, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.