NCAL Summer Camps 2020
Location: North Country Animal League Stables
Ages: 5-7; 8-11; 12-15
June 22 – June 26 (FULL)
June 29 – July 3 (FULL – preference ages 5-7)
July 6 – 10 (FULL)
July 13-17 (FULL)
July 20 – 24 (FULL)
July 27-31 (FULL)
August 3 – 7 (FULL)
August 10 – 14 (FULL)
August 24 – 28 (FULL)
Monday – Friday (5 days)
This program is great for beginner and intermediate riders.
Horsemanship Camp will delve into the care and keeping of horses, safe practices, and the care and management of equipment. Riding lessons will include trail riding, bareback riding and mounted games, alongside standard lessons. Arts and craft will be horse-centered and focus on the history of the sport, as well as current events and issues within the equestrian world.
NCAL has adapted to the current guidelines for safety and has made significant changes to the structure of our camps. We are committed to keeping everyone’s health and safety in mind. Please read the new regulations that we will follow here.
- All campers who have been out of state and/or had people from out of state visiting their household and/or are coming from out-of-state, must have completed 14 days of quarantine before attending camp.
- All staff and campers will be required to wear a mask while with others or if in an enclosed space (masks will be provided, but please bring one from home if possible).
- Staff will be required to complete a temperature check and health check prior to the start of camp daily.
- Maximum of 12 kids per camp, and will be broken up into 3 small groups of 4 campers each with a counselor.
- Campers will bring their own food and drink.
- Campers will use their own equipment, which will be disinfected daily.
- Drop off/Pick up – each parent will be asked if anyone in their household has displayed symptoms of COVID 19
- A parent will be contacted immediately to pick up their child if their child displays any signs of illness.
- A staff member will greet parents/guardians outside the barn for drop off and pick up.
Social Distancing – campers will be required to stay 6 feet apart.
During lunch and snack time campers will eat 6 feet apart
Guests or volunteers will not be permitted.
IF a parent must enter the premises, a mask is required.
Campers will wash hands upon arriving at camp, after an activity, prior to lunch, before leaving camp each day.
Bathrooms and common areas will be cleaned/disinfected mid-day and at the end of the day at the barn.