North Country Animal League is part of the new Cruelty Response System that is being developed statewide by the Vermont Humane Federation. NCAL maintains a hotline for prompt resolution of cruelty complaints. If you witness animal cruelty or neglect in Lamoille County, please call NCAL to make a report at (802) 888-5065, ext. 105. If you get an answering machine, please leave a message and a staff member will return your call as soon as possible. If the animal is in immediate danger, please contact the Vermont State Police at (802) 229-9191. After calling the police, please call NCAL so that we may follow up on the situation and make sure it has been resolved.
- To understand how the Lamoille County Cruelty Response System Investigative Model works, please click here.
- To download the cruelty response brochure with frequently asked questions, please click here.
- To find the Vermont Animal Control Officer for your town, please visit your town’s website.
- To help by spreading the word, please click here to download a cruelty poster.
- To help NCAL support cruelty investigations and protect the animals, help NCAL with a donation. Click here.
If you are willing and able to provide temporary care to an animal in the event of an emergency, seizure or surrender:
- Please contact the our Adoption Center Director at (802) 888-5065, ext. 117 or e-mail email@example.com.
Give us a Shout (or a Howl)
Follow NCAL on Facebook for the most recent news! Want to know more? Simply use the form below to send us a quick message!