North Country Animal League is part of the new Cruelty Response System that is being developed statewide by the Vermont Humane Federation. NCAL maintains a hotline for prompt resolution of cruelty complaints. If you witness animal cruelty or neglect in Lamoille County, please call NCAL to make a report at (802) 888-5065, ext. 105. If you get an answering machine, please leave a message and a staff member will return your call as soon as possible. If the animal is in immediate danger, please contact the Vermont State Police at (802) 229-9191. After calling the police, please call NCAL so that we may follow up on the situation and make sure it has been resolved.
- To understand how the Lamoille County Cruelty Response System Investigative Model works, please click here.
- To download the cruelty response brochure with frequently asked questions, please click here.
- To find the Vermont Animal Control Officer for your town, please visit your town’s website.
- To help by spreading the word, please click here to download a cruelty poster.
- To help NCAL support cruelty investigations and protect the animals, help NCAL with a donation. Click here.
If you are willing and able to provide temporary care to an animal in the event of an emergency, seizure or surrender:
- Please contact the our Adoption Center Director at (802) 888-5065, ext. 117 or e-mail email@example.com.
Come find your next best friend!
To date, North Country Animal League has taken in, cared for, and found homes for over 11,000 homeless animals. Connecting humans with animals is what we do best - whether it be through adoptions, education and outreach, or volunteer opportunities. We created this video to show you what you can expect when you come to NCAL to find your next best friend!