We’re hiring! North Country Animal League is looking for extraordinary individuals who have the compassion, empathy, and are willing to work hard to make animal’s lives better. Our staff works as a team to provide the best possible care while our animals are awaiting their forever homes. The work can be challenging at times but it is so rewarding! Are you interested in changing the lives of animals? Please see below for our current job openings:
Customer Care Manager
North Country Animal League is looking for an enthusiastic and passionate person to join our team as the Customer Care Manager (CCM). The CCM oversees all aspects of customer service in Pet Adoption Center. We are looking for individuals who enjoy working in a fast-paced environment, and working with both people and animals. Candidates must have excellent customer service skills, possess professionalism, courtesy, tact and sound judgement in decision making, and must be able to think on his/her feet to handle stressful situations with a high level of composure.
General Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Plan, organize, implement and evaluate all aspects of customer service in the adoptions department.
- Process adoption applications in a timely manner for review by Shelter Manager.
- Assist in adoption process and completion as needed.
- Monitor and maintain the promotional outlets for display of pet profiles.
- Assist Shelter Manager and Canine & Feline Care Specialists with maintaining the Waiting List and the Wish List.
- Evaluation and resolution of customer and animal welfare issues; communication of these issues to the Shelter Manager in a timely manner.
- Counsel clients by communicating general breed knowledge, specific animal history of in-house animals, as well as NCAL’s philosophy.
- Prepare daily deposits for the PAC.
- Monitor cruelty phone extension and maintain online cruelty database.
- Upkeep and display of lobby bulletin board.
- Direct, assist and utilize departmental volunteers.
- Maintain cleanliness of retail area and lobby area.
- Promote teamwork and communication between all NCAL employees.
- Receptionist functions including completing paperwork, answering phones, using the computer, and handling finances.
- Cross-sell retail products to adopters and assist walk-in customers.
- Participate in NCAL-related activities and events as necessary.
- Outstanding customer service skills – ability to handle customers with tact and diplomacy in sensitive or stressful situations
- Previous experience with animal adoptions and public interface strongly preferred
- Possess professionalism, courtesy, tact and sound judgment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and work under pressure
- Excellent computer skills.
- Experience with shelter software.
- A valid driver’s license and a good driving record are required
- Ability to properly handle, exercise and control large and/or difficult dogs and cats.
- Ability to safely lift 50 lbs. and be capable of bending over and cleaning for extended periods of time.
Variable work schedule including weekends and some holidays
Job Type: Full-time
To apply, please send resume with a cover letter by e-mail to email@example.com.
Give us a Shout (or a Howl)
Follow NCAL on Facebook for the most recent news! Want to know more? Simply use the form below to send us a quick message!