News & Events
Annual Report & Newsletters
- NCAL Fall Newsletter 2019
- 2018 NCAL Annual Report
- NCAL Fall Newsletter 2018
- 2017 NCAL Annual Report
- 2016 NCAL Annual Report
- NCAL Fall Newsletter 2017
- NCAL Fall/Winter Newsletter 2016-2017
NCAL in the Media
- Donation allows NCAL to buy 14 acre horse farm
- NCAL was once again voted as the Best Nonprofit in Lamoille County!
- Teaching Compassion to Vermont’s Youngest Citizens
- NCAL Claims Title in the 4393 Awards for Best Nonprofit in Lamoille County!
- Humane Heroes Get Lessons In Caring
- Giving paws: NCAL brings books, kids and pets together
- Gimme shelter: Rescued pups find homes in Vermont
- North Country Animal League Mutt Strutt
- Kids read to dogs and cats, and it’s good for all
- North Country Animal League Picks Leader
Want to do good and have fun doing it? Animal-lovers (and even ‘likers’) are invited to venture back to their college days and enjoy a night of fun and philanthropy at NCAL’s 21st annual Menagerie: Animal House, happening Saturday, February 8, 2020 at 5:30pm at the...
The "I's" of January are upon us! Unfortunately due to Ice, Illness and Inclement Weather in the forecast, the community snowshoe tour of the horse farm and open house planned for Saturday, January 18th is cancelled. We look forward to rescheduling this event (minus...
North Country Animal League has received a $445,000 gift for the purchase of the neighboring “Ryder Brook” horse farm. Made by an anonymous donor, the gift allows NCAL to secure the 14.3-acre property adjacent to the animal shelter, which includes a 29-stall horse...
Giving Tuesday is just a few days away! Last year, around 3.6 million people took part in this global movement for kindness. This year, we invite you to be a part of it. Please join us in our mission to save innocent lives at risk. With your help, we are able to...
This week, the House of Representatives unanimously voted on a landmark bill that will make animal cruelty a federal offense with a penalty of up to seven years in prison. For all of us who work in the field of animal welfare, this has been a long time coming. Read...
Come find your next best friend!
To date, North Country Animal League has taken in, cared for, and found homes for over 11,000 homeless animals. Connecting humans with animals is what we do best - whether it be through adoptions, education and outreach, or volunteer opportunities. We created this video to show you what you can expect when you come to NCAL to find your next best friend!