Calling all dog walkers, cat cuddlers, laundry whizzes, event organizers and general worker bees. North Country Animal League can’t exist without your help! Each year, more than 250 volunteers donate their time to help care for the animals at NCAL. We are so grateful to these individuals who donate their time and skills with the shared goal of helping to better the lives of our shelter animals.
Here is how you can help:
- Dog Walking – take our dogs out for exercise during our open hours
- Kitty Care – groom, clean, play and cuddle with the cats
- Shelter Cleaning – help keep the shelter clean and welcoming for visitors and animals
- Maintenance – lend a hand helping with landscaping, maintenance, or building projects
- Special Events – assist with an offsite adoption event or fundraiser
- Greeter – help welcome our visitors and answer questions about our programs
- Coin canister collector – help collect and deposit donations from NCAL coin canisters
The great thing about being an NCAL volunteer is that you can volunteer as much or as little as you’d like. We have regular volunteers who help daily, or weekly, and others who lend a hand for special events. You must attend a volunteer orientation to become an NCAL volunteer.
Interested in becoming an NCAL volunteer?
Please fill out and submit a volunteer application form, so that we can learn a little bit more about how you are interested in helping.
*All orientations take place at North Country Animal League
*You must be 16 years or older to volunteer at NCAL without a parent/guardian.
Give us a Shout (or a Howl)
Follow NCAL on Facebook for the most recent news! Want to know more? Simply use the form below to send us a quick message!