*Due to the known and unknown risks associated with COVID-19, our Volunteer Program has been suspended until further notice. You may still choose to fill the application form below so we can have your information on file. A staff member will be in touch once we are ready to resume the program again. Thank you for your understanding and patience.
NCAL recognizes and values the role each of our volunteer plays to help not just pets, but also the people we serve. Starting this year, in an effort to take their involvement to the next level, all volunteer opportunities at our shelter have been streamlined even further. There are many volunteer opportunities to choose from. Whether you want to help with animal care and enrichment, customer service, shelter support, or another role, be it long-term or temporary, you will feel a sense of ownership, make tangible differences in the lives of animals in need, and be ambassadors of our cause!
* If you have any questions or thoughts, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Opportunities in our Shelter:
- Shelter Volunteers – There are multiple roles available: Dog and Cat Kennel Attendants, Dog Walkers and Shelter Attendants. These are our most needed areas of assistance and require hands-on training.
- Drop In/Shelter Help – We have a daily list of chores and general tasks that we need help with at the shelter. This is a great way to get your foot in the door if you are unable to commit to a schedule as it does not require an orientation. Community members are welcome to come in any time to offer help as needed during shelter hours.
- Events and Outreach – NCAL participates in multiple events and community visits throughout the year. Sign up for this position and a staff member will reach out to you the next time we have to attend an event.
- Junior Volunteers (For ages 10 through 15; younger children are encouraged to sign up for our Reading Buddies Program) – At NCAL, we believe you are never too young to make a difference for shelter pets. Junior volunteers will be assigned with enrichment and advocacy activities, as well as project-based tasks. This is recommended for students looking to fulfill community service hours.
- Group Volunteer Projects – This is ideal for businesses, organizations or academic institutions looking to do some team-building while simultaneously giving back to the community. Either enter your information below until a staff member can get back to you or email email@example.com to learn more.
Interested in becoming an NCAL volunteer?
Please fill out the following volunteer application form and help us learn more about you. A representative from our team will be in touch with you shortly.
*Monthly orientation dates are set once enough applications have been received.
*Orientations take place at North Country Animal League
*You must be 16 years or older to volunteer at NCAL without a parent/guardian.
Come find your next best friend!
To date, North Country Animal League has taken in, cared for, and found homes for over 11,000 homeless animals. Connecting humans with animals is what we do best - whether it be through adoptions, education and outreach, or volunteer opportunities. We created this video to show you what you can expect when you come to NCAL to find your next best friend!