We are excited to announce we will be reopening our Pet Adoption Center doors to visitors and volunteers on July 6th. We have diligently followed the State of Vermont Health Department and CDC guidelines on COVID-19 best practices and now with over 80% of Vermonters fully vaccinated, we feel confident and secure in inviting our visitors and volunteers back into the Pet Adoption Center. While we worked hard throughout the pandemic to continue with adoptions by appointment, and virtual meet-and-greets, we can’t wait to open our doors again in person, now with new changes to our pet adoption process!
North Country Animal League will resume our regular open hours beginning on Tuesday, July 6th.
A couple of notes before you visit us:
- The Pet Adoption Center’s hours are Tuesday – Saturday, 1-5pm.
- Drop-ins are welcome, however we encourage you to visit our website in advance to make an appointment to visit the animals as capacity in dog and cat rooms is limited.
- We are no longer requiring our fully vaccinated (it has been 14 days after your 2nd dose of the Pfizer or Moderna vaccine, or 14 days after your single dose Johnson & Johnson vaccine) staff and visitors to wear masks inside the Pet Adoption Center.
- If you are not fully vaccinated we will require you to wear a mask upon entry to the shelter.
- If you have symptoms of respiratory illness such as coughing, shortness of breath, fever with temperature above 100.4 degrees, nausea, body aches, or fatigue, you will not be permitted to enter the Pet Adoption Center.
We want to thank you for your continued support and understanding during such a difficult year. Should you have any questions or concerns, please email us at email@example.com or call our Pet Adoption Center at (802) 888-5065 ext. 101.